Throughout the year, 344 facilitates the Duke of Edinburgh (D of E) Award programme at all levels. You may have heard of the D of E Award, but don't know what it is or whether it's for you. Well, it's for everyone who likes a challenge. Their mission is simple - 'to inspire, guide and support young people in their self-development, and recognise their achievements'. If you are 14 or over, you can participate in D of E.There are three levels of D of E which, when successfully completed, lead to a Bronze, Silver or Gold D of E Award. And it's never too late to get in on the action - depending on your age you may be able to jump straight in at Silver or Gold level!
There are four sections at Bronze and Silver level and five at Gold:
- Volunteering - Get involved providing services to individuals or the community and make a difference to other people's lives
- Physical - Get active and improve your skills and fitness in sport, dance or other physical activities - it's your choice
- Skills - Find new interests and get new talents (or perfect existing ones), with increased practical and social skills
- Expedition - Get outdoors and plan, train for and complete an adventurous journey in the UK or abroad - an unbeatable experience
- Residential - Only at Gold level. Getting to the Gold level is a big deal and this last stage could see you going to another country, sharing tasks and activities with people you've never met. It'll test your mettle, and set you up for what life throws at you in the future